Halloween Eyes












Exquisite in blazed orange radiance,

Shimmering obscurity now opens the show.

Outsiders touching base from all around;

Some even, from the awful side of town.

They come in the air and driven via auto;

Little children in strollers, they can't stroll far.


Moms yelling requests to stay in sight,

Transgressors will rightly lament this night.

Gleaming lights and loosened bands;

Stepping feet are experiencing their paces.

Hastening legs are willing assistants,

To grinning eyes and frightful countenances.

Through the gauntlet of dread they swarm;

Decked to play in looking uniform.

Tree and bloom tremble and waiver;

Knock and trampled in their enthusiasm.

Ostentatious veils dark energized smiles.

Screams of satisfaction exude from inside.

Spooky spirits from the guts of earth,

Swing from appendages, smiling in ghoulish jollity.

Luxury chains grasping all who stray,

Allures the dowager to her terrified prey.

Decorated by wailing cries of certain end;

Steaming cauldrons anticipate their beefy price.

Engraved heads from the patio nursery of Hades,

Barren charms to assuage sugar coated dreams,

Trimmed curves adorned in orange and dark,

Fancy decorations to win the area plaque;

Hostiles beneficently plundering town;

Sacks of goods backing them off.

With protruding sacks loaded with loot,

Propelling swarms scramble to shreds.

Like ticks from a clock they keep on arriving,

Will the morrow discover villagers still alive?

Spades of hardship come to pass for each who imprudently disregard,

Foreboding signs persisted in shop window and entryway.

Cruise me by, to my neighbor beauty his stage;

Mitigate with him your ravenous wrath.

Avaricious hands influencing in custom move;

Abundance untethered in blitzing development.

Looking at my mansion the diverse crowds charge in,

Watched yet by growling' pooch a' smiling' pumpkin;

Upon my stoop they boldly climb,

My breath on hold, I hear the ring;

My time my apprehension is close nearby,

My blood or fortune they request;

Dug in and escaped site,

No kindness introduced for my predicament;

With sweat-soaked palms and beating heart,

It would be ideal if you Lord I implore, make them withdraw;

For an injection of Scotch I quietly shout,


Cam I overlooked the sweet on Halloween!
Previous
Next Post »